Forum Discussion

MichaelMcFarlan
Contributor
13 years ago

AQTime not working with TestComplete

It's been a while since I've needed to use the two together, but when I tried to today I got an error.

First, I tried and got this error: "unable to get the aqtime 7 com object" I restarted testcomplete and ran it specifically as administrator and then I got a different error: "Interface not supported."

The first place my code interacts with AQTime is this: "AQtime7.OpenProject(project);" (and I'm 100% sure project path is correct).

Using TestComplete v 8.60.665.7 and AQTime 7.30.537.64 on a Windows 7 64bit machine.

Any ideas?

6 Replies

• This code is also not working but giving me an odd error:

AQtimeIntegration.CurrentVersion = 7;

AQtimeIntegration.OpenProject(ProjectSuite.Variables.AQTimeProjectPath);

I get a "Object doesn't support this property or method" error. These scripts are all in JScript by the way.
  • I sort of wish I could edit my posts for more than half an hour or whatever the limit is.. but anyway, scratch that last post. I should have been doing this:

AQtimeIntegration.AQtime.OpenProject(ProjectSuite.Variables.AQTimeProjectPath);

And using that I get the "interface not supported" error again.
    Julia_K
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Michael,

It looks like you have faced a known problem. There is a fix for this problem. Please contact our Support Team via this web form to get the patch.

Thank you.

• Well, I did what you said two days ago and got a automatically generated message saying I would get a issue number as soon as my issue enters the support queue. But, that was two days ago I still haven't heard anything. Any chance this patch is available for download without going through support? I don't see why it wouldn't be if it fixes a known bug.

Edit: I just noticed my request went through showing I was using a demo version that isn't active. I'm using the enterprise version that is active so I guess it just assumed that because I didn't know the random number it asks for when submitting a ticket. Why can't things just be simple?
  • Hi Michael,

I've just replied you via e-mail and sent you the patch.

I didn't know the random number it asks for

Our Contact Support web form asks for your Customer ID. There is the "Can’t remember?" link next to the target field. If you click the link, you'll be able to ask us to resend your ID to you.
  • Thanks for that. The patch fixed the problem. I actually didn't realize that the customer ID was the same ID I use to log in, I was thinking it wanted just a plain number for some reason and my customer ID has letters in it so my subconscious ruled it out before I had a say in it. Odd how that works. But anyway, thanks again.