Forum Discussion

amanjain0297
New Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

How to handle regular expressions? How to handle a window whose index is changing regularly?

Hi,

I would like know how do we handle regular expressions in TestComplete.

I am using Test complete for one of the Windows based  Java application autiomation.

There is a particular window whose index changes everytime it is opened. So this has to be handled using regular expressions.

I tried using regular expressions characters like*,.*,/d and so on, but still it was not working.

Can you please guide me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Aman.

6 Replies

• I am using Test   complete for one of the Windows based Java application autiomation. There is a particular window whose index changes everytime it is opened. So this has to be handled using regular expressions. 

amanjain0297
      New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. We tried the methods specified in the url, still its not working.

It takes /d or such tokens as characters and is not able to identify.

Thanks,

Aman.

amanjain0297
        New Contributor

Hi,

The line of code in which we are facing issue is as follows

Sys.Process("javaw").SwingObject("PendingTradeEditor", "CDS trade #251579 in Pit: CDS Factory", i)

In the above line the last part "i" is  varying every time which has to be regularised.Its value is 0 or above

We used the following method to

Sys.Process("javaw").SwingObject("PendingTradeEditor", "CDS trade #251579 in Pit: CDS Factory", /d)

We also used .* and [0-9] instead of /d, none of these was successfull.

Could you please let us know how do we proceed?

Thanks,

Aman.