Forum Discussion

russleikis
Contributor
14 years ago

TestComplete 7.52 patched hangs on startup - Win7 x64 new installation

Week before last we had consecutive power spikes and an outage here that my UPS didn't handle and I lost one of my test platforms.  Yay for fallen trees!  I had been using TC on this Win7x64 machine, no problems.

I've rebuilt that OS and was using TC again.  However, rather suddenly, TC has stopped launching properly and hangs during the splash screen.  I've tried reinstalls, repairs, reboots, manual clean of folders and registry, nothing seems to clear the issue.  By guess alone, TC seems to be hung just before it should be loading the Start Page.  The Project Explorer is displayed but not populated and the controls are disabled, the Workspace only contains the Start Page but it is not populated either.  The application window is unresponsive, and the splash screen is still displayed behind it.  Clicking anywhere on the application window will cause the OS to step in and handle the unresponsive application.

The last thing I remember doing was changing the shortcut to run as an administrator because TC was having trouble launching our AUT properly.  I closed TC, modified the shortcut, and launched.  That was the first time it hung.  I've launched in normal run time as well, with no result.

Any ideas?

26 Replies