Forum Discussion

leeasdf9
Frequent Contributor
12 years ago
Solved

TestComplete 9.20 - Log Events not displayed in Test Log

Dear TestComplete Support, Dear Tanya,

After upgrading to TC9.20 i realize that Log Events in Test Log Report are not visible anymore if the entire keyword test is tested ok. I see only log.events actions if the keyword test is failed.

In some cases i would like to check the event actions in Test Log even if keyword test has been performed successfully. Can you help me with that issue? is there any project option to make all action events always visible in Test Log Result?

Thanks for your help.

Lee

• It seems that "Save last ... events" option of your project is not set to zero - it is used to leave only the specified number of events before an error is posted to the log.

See Project Properties help article.

5 Replies

• It seems that "Save last ... events" option of your project is not set to zero - it is used to leave only the specified number of events before an error is posted to the log.

See Project Properties help article.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Lee,

Make sure that the Event option is checked on the Test Log toolbar:

leeasdf9
    Frequent Contributor
    Does somebody else have same issue like i have? All event actions are not displayed anymore in test log. i only see checkpoints and logs in report.

can somebody confirm this issue with TC9.20? Thanks.
    leeasdf9
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Tanya,

Thanks for your reply, but the Event checkbox in our case is always checked. for better understanding i post here 3 screenshots of the behaviour:

"KeywordTest.png" - the content of our Keywordtest containning a datadriven loop and "Run Keyword Test" Action.

"ExecuteSuccess.png" - the sucessful test result of the this keyword test, "Event" checkbox is checked, but NO Event action is displayed!!

"ExecuteWithStop.png" - the failure test result of the same keyword test. Event actions are displayed. 

In our case the event actions are only displayed if the test contains error. It seems that this issue happens when keyword test contains data driven loop and "run keyword test" action.

I hope my explaination is clear. thanks for the investigation.

Lee
    leeasdf9
    Frequent Contributor
    hi hanya,

Thanks for finding my issue. you are right, the default setting of "Store last events" has been changed from 0 to 3 by my collegue. we did a mistake :) 

Thanks again for your help.

Lee