Forum Discussion

dpiotrowski
Contributor
12 years ago

TE time-limited license expired problem, although we have a permanent one

Hello, every while (like once a week, most of the time it works fine) I got this "Your time-limited license has expired." message box on the machine, where TestExecute is installed (please see the screen shot below).

The tests are run automatically every night, so it's annoying when in the morning I see this message box instead of test report (as it makes it impossible to continue tests execution). When I close the message box and re-run the tests solution manually, it works fine (please note that also when run automatically overnight, most of the time it works fine, but the problem happens quite regularly).

Of course we have bought the permanent license for TestExecute. What might be the cause of this problem?

1 Reply

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Daniel,

The cause of this is that TestExecute cannot find your License Manager PC (where the permanent license is activated) or the license is unavailable (someone else uses it). As a result, the product obtains the expired trial activated from somewhere in your network. To avoid this, first of all, make sure that the name or IP address of the LM PC is specified on the http://localhost:1947/_int_/config_to.html page. If that doesn't help, I recommend removing the trial license. Contact our Support team for assistance.