Forum Discussion

9 years ago
Solved

Need your vote on the new SmartBear Test Product name!

The idea behind the new product:

Standalone sister product to TestComplete targeted at Dev Tester that allows to write and run robust tests within IDE such as Visual Studio or Eclipse. 

Allows Developers who also test to use key TestComplete features, such as Object Recogntion from within the IDE.

Major Features:

• Fully integrated with an IDE, works with CI/CB tools, Source Control, unit testing frameworks, etc.
  • Allows to develop functional test scripts in modern programming languages, such C# or Java
  • Access to key TestComplete features from IDE such as Object Tree, Object Spy and Extended Object Finder Methods.
  • TestComplete/TestExecute has ability to run these test scripts.

Benefit:

• No need to switch work environments to test
  • Fast & robust test creation, less manual work
  • Reduced test maintenance due to object recognition

Candidates Product Names: please pick one

• TestComplete Turbo
  • TestComplete Driver
  • Test InCode
  • Test Fusion
  • Test Unity

Please help us name the new product. Thank you!

•  

Hello Everyone!

Thank you very much for your participation and providing very valuable feedback on the new SmartBeat product name.

We now have the new name for the product: TestLeft! And even though we didn't not select a specific name that was suggested, we used all of your feedback in our decision process.

The new product name signifies the Shift Left trend in the industry, where we see more and more developers involved in functional testing.

We also have the 3 winners of our new product name contest, who will each receive a free 1 year license of the new product.

Congratulations to AlexKarasNisHera and cshukusky!

38 Replies

dankh
    New Contributor

Test InCode would be my preferred option.

The other names remind me of other products whereas Test InCode is unique and descriptive.

Bjorn_Kruuse-Me
    Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Here are my two cents.

TestComplete Turbo: I showed the names to my colleague, and he started laughing when he read Turbo. (A bit 80's perhaps):)

TestComplete Unity: We both thought about the game engine Unity.

Test Fusion: Does not work for me, it's kind of like the word robust that is overused.

TestComplete Driver: I think of drivers when I hear this, not UI test scripting.

I think that the only thing that does it for me is Test InCode. :)

Will Distributed testing be supported in this version?

I ask because we considered at using Coded UI, but it did not have the NameMapping capability.

And most important the TestAgent system for running tests could not be used in our lab environment. The Distibuted test on the other hand worked like a charm.

So I would be very interested in this new product, if the NetworkSuite can be used.

Regards

Bjørn Kruuse-Meyer

MKozinets
      Staff

Hello! Thank you for your feedback and I appologize for the delay in answering your question.

Our plan is to fully support NetworkSuite-like capabilities in the next version of the product that should come out with in a couple of months and we would love to work closely with you to make sure we deliver on these requirements to suit your needs.

For now we have the Early Access build of our version 1.0 that we can send you free of charge to get your feedback - it does have some distributed testing capabilities. You can execute your tests on multiple remore test agents/machines. One test can be sent to multiple remote agents to execute at the same time. The new prodcut works very well with SmartBear TestExecute product that can be used to execute tests on multiple remote systems in distributed testing enviroment.

Also to note, the new tool work seamlessly with Jenkins and other native plugins for Visual Studio.

Please let me know if you would like to try the new product and I will be glad to send you a license or two. Please include the names and email addresses of the people who will be evaluating the new product.

Best Regards,

Masha

mrachow
    Frequent Visitor

Hi,

deviating to the given list but somehow "contained" :smileywink: I suggest the name

Test In

because of meaning and sounding.

Best regards,

Michael

Colin_McCrae
      Community Hero

Not a huge fan of any of them to be honest.

Your current naming reflects usage. So "Test InDev" is the best of the bunch.

But I think this:

TestComplete (the main product version)

TestExecute (the execute agent version)

and now ....

TestIntegrate (the integrated version)

Makes more sense to me and continues the exisiting product line naming. 

Ravik
    Super Contributor

TestScorer

TestScorer - using this product you can score -

1- Number of Test Cases

2- Number of Releases

3- Number of Applications

4- Number of Plateforms ( Web , Desktop, Mobile)

You have complete the Test usning TestComplete, now it's time to score more

TestComplete = TestScorer

•  

Hello Everyone!

Thank you very much for your participation and providing very valuable feedback on the new SmartBeat product name.

We now have the new name for the product: TestLeft! And even though we didn't not select a specific name that was suggested, we used all of your feedback in our decision process.

The new product name signifies the Shift Left trend in the industry, where we see more and more developers involved in functional testing.

We also have the 3 winners of our new product name contest, who will each receive a free 1 year license of the new product.

Congratulations to AlexKarasNisHera and cshukusky!

• Cool.  

Congratulations on the new product release and thank you for the free year.  

How do I go about redeeming this free 1 year license?

MKozinets
      Staff

Shortly, I will be sending you information via e-mail to access your free 1-year license of TestLeft!

Best Regards,

Masha

Ravik
    Super Contributor

Congradulation for new product  @ TestLeft.

Congrates all the Winner :)