Forum Discussion

Carloso
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

IEXPLORE Instance Selection by Testcomplete

Here is my issues. I have mapped 6 instances of IE. All instances are mapped using two properties, ProcessName (IEXPLORE) and Index (2). All ProcessNames and Index properties values are the same across all instances. However, TC sometimes identifies an IE instance as # 7 and other times #2. I would like TC to always identify IE as instance #2.

I tried adding the command line property to IE instance #2 hoping that testcomplete would pick that one over other instances, but that didn't work. I can change the index in the other instances to != 2 and that will make TC recognize IE as instance #2. The problem with this is the items that are mapped to other instances are not found during test runs.

How does testcomplete select an instance of IEXPLORE if there are multiple instances and they all have the same identifying properties and values? How can I make TC recognize an IE instance as instance #2?

1 Reply

• Hi Carlos,

As far as I understand, the TestComplete version you are using is not the latest one. Currently, it is ver. 9.0, where the multi-process nature of Internet Explorer is handled out-of-box. As for the other versions of TestComplete, you can try disabling the Loosely Coupled IE feature for testing purposes, making Internet Explorer host all pages that are open in a browser instance within a single process.