Forum Discussion

vthomeschoolmom
Super Contributor
13 years ago

drag and drop

You know what would be cool? A method that allowed an object to be dragged from its current position and dropped into the center of another object. I wonder if that is possible.

8 Replies

• It is the destination that gives me the rub. I have docking panes that users can move around. I want to simulate moving these docking panes and dropping them on an object which will dock it. If there was a way I could calculate the distance from where I am to the object I wanted to go to, that would be grand. Hmmm, I will give that some thought. Between the container objects and the destination object itself, I may be able to do just that.

Off I go to the drawing board. Thanks for the tip.
  • Hello Lane,

We have an appropriate suggestion in our DB. Your request has increased its rating.

Thanks!
    Oferv
    Super Contributor
    Same for me guys,i need drag and drop to take all folder's content and drop it onto another window.

hope that raise the priority

thx
    Oferv
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

I'm having an issue with drag and drop using coordinate.when i moved my test to a different vm the click didn't find the object it needs to drag and drop and according to the screenshot TC created in the log i can see that it clicked a little bit to the right from the object.

the question i have is does the coordinates clicking/drag and drop is relative to the object or to the screen resolution?because if it's relative to the object(what i thought it is)it shouldn't be effected from screen resolution's changing or is it?

Thanks

• Hi Ofer,

As the Drag Action help topic states, the coordinates are relative to the object:

ClientX

Specifies the horizontal coordinate of the start point for dragging. This coordinate is relative to the object, it is not a screen coordinate.

ClientY

Specifies the vertical coordinate of the start point for dragging. This coordinate is relative to the object, it is not a screen coordinate.

Changing the screen resolution should not affect these coordinates. Try using some small numbers for the coordinates, like (5, 5).

Does this help?