Forum Discussion

reprosser
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Test execution results by coverage - limit?

I use modular tests that can be run for regression on mulitple releases. When I run the Test Execution Results by Coverage report for the latest release Test Plan - I get hits from all the previous releases where the test was also ran. Is there a way to limit the hits to something that would only show this release? I know it is accurate to show ALL the coverage, but I don't need to see the coverage for previous releases. The test cases are in multiple different directories (different releases). The only method I can see is to clone the test case and assign it to the test cycle for the current release (so it would be a new test with no history).

Is there another report that will show the list of test case individual progress for each requirement/userstory/issue only for the current release?

MisterB
    3 years ago

Sorry I couldn't help with this one.  While the standard reports are OK, there are some bugs and no configuration options so I opted to export the datasets and built my own reporting suite and dashboards in Excel, using a master 'dataset' sheet into which I pasted the dataset daily, and upon which, my reports and graphs would automatically run.

You might not want to go to all that effort but the dataset option might be worth exploring for this particular scenario if the reporting isn't going to work for you.

Best of luck.

Andy

5 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

I can't speak with any authority in this area as it's not one I've had to use, but I have used the standard report features a lot.  Have you tried selecting the Last Test Execution option instead of the default All Test Executions - that might be what you're looking for.  If not, choosing the Custom Query Filter in the reports opens up many parameters within Test Case, Cycle, Plan, and Execution that might offer some help.  There's also a section of Issue related reports, e.g. "Issues reported during testing by coverage" that might work for what you need.

Best, Andy

reprosser
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Andy

Yes, I have tried last execution, custom query, etc - but while I can limit what tests are hit, once a test is found, it always shows me ALL the places it has been linked to - so I see issues from previous releases. I think that is just the nature of this report.

reprosser
        Occasional Contributor

Oh - and I will play around with the Actual End Date setting. Once I have some test runs with the new release - maybe I can limit things with the End Date.