Ask a Question

How to remove fields from Test Cases (Report)

SOLVED
KayB
Occasional Contributor

How to remove fields from Test Cases (Report)

Hi, I have the problem that a lot of fields are not used in Test Execution Reports and it looks bad if these are empty. So I want to remove these from Test Cases in general or from Test Reports. But I can only find a solution to remove custom fields. Is there any option to remove system fields like "Estimated Time"?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MisterB
Community Leader

Re: How to remove fields from Test Cases (Report)

Hi Kay,

You're welcome!  I've added a couple of links below that might point you in some potential directions for resolution:

Mentions use of the API to export details of test cases:

Solved: Export Test Cases including "Details", "Test Scrip... - SmartBear Community

Help file on how to export test cases from Zephyr.  You might find this useful if you want to build your own report without using the API:

Working With Test Cases | Zephyr Scale Server/Data Center Documentation (smartbear.com)

Good luck!

Best, Andy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MisterB
Community Leader

Hi Kay,

There is no option to customise the fields that are returned in a report (not yet at least).  You can however use the Custom Query filter option to exclude test cases by a number of criteria in the Test Executions or Test Case options - but that still might not help.  The way I got round most issues like this was to use the dataset export option (top right hand corner of reports that have this feature) and then used Excel to produce custom reports.

Andy

KayB
Occasional Contributor

Hi Andy,

thanks for your answer!
Exporting as an Excel file is working but it does not include the sinle steps of the Test Cases...it seems that I can export the whole Test Cycle with different Test Cases but not with every single step of the Test Skript.

Kay

MisterB
Community Leader

Hi Kay,

If you wanted to see a report with all test case steps listed, the Test Execution Results (Detailed) report does that, but it does return all those blanks that you're not wanting.  I'm guessing this is the report you're currently using.  And you're right, the dataset does not return the steps which is a shame.

If you need to produce a report with all the steps listed, and have the ability to customise which Test Cycle fields display, based on the little I know I think you will need to use the Zephyr API (Zephyr Scale Server API (v1) (smartbear.com)) to get the data, and then you will need some basic programming knowledge and the tools or ability to work with JSON structured data.

It might help if you could explain the purpose of the report?

Andy

KayB
Occasional Contributor

Hi Andy,
our aim is to get a version of our Test Reports (Test Execution Results (Detailed), as you meant) for our customers. It's not useful if there are a lot of blank fields but we don't need some of them. For example the coverage fields and also the (estimated) timings. But it would be good if all single steps of the test execution are included.
Thank for the note about the API, I'll take a look on it!

Best regards,
Kay

MisterB
Community Leader

Hi Kay,

You're welcome!  I've added a couple of links below that might point you in some potential directions for resolution:

Mentions use of the API to export details of test cases:

Solved: Export Test Cases including "Details", "Test Scrip... - SmartBear Community

Help file on how to export test cases from Zephyr.  You might find this useful if you want to build your own report without using the API:

Working With Test Cases | Zephyr Scale Server/Data Center Documentation (smartbear.com)

Good luck!

Best, Andy

View solution in original post

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: