Forum Discussion

KayB
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

How to remove fields from Test Cases (Report)

Hi, I have the problem that a lot of fields are not used in Test Execution Reports and it looks bad if these are empty. So I want to remove these from Test Cases in general or from Test Reports. But I can only find a solution to remove custom fields. Is there any option to remove system fields like "Estimated Time"?

5 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi Kay,

There is no option to customise the fields that are returned in a report (not yet at least).  You can however use the Custom Query filter option to exclude test cases by a number of criteria in the Test Executions or Test Case options - but that still might not help.  The way I got round most issues like this was to use the dataset export option (top right hand corner of reports that have this feature) and then used Excel to produce custom reports.

Andy

KayB
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Andy,

thanks for your answer!
      Exporting as an Excel file is working but it does not include the sinle steps of the Test Cases...it seems that I can export the whole Test Cycle with different Test Cases but not with every single step of the Test Skript.

Kay

MisterB
        Champion Level 3

Hi Kay,

If you wanted to see a report with all test case steps listed, the Test Execution Results (Detailed) report does that, but it does return all those blanks that you're not wanting.  I'm guessing this is the report you're currently using.  And you're right, the dataset does not return the steps which is a shame.

If you need to produce a report with all the steps listed, and have the ability to customise which Test Cycle fields display, based on the little I know I think you will need to use the Zephyr API (Zephyr Scale Server API (v1) (smartbear.com)) to get the data, and then you will need some basic programming knowledge and the tools or ability to work with JSON structured data.

It might help if you could explain the purpose of the report?

Andy