Forum Discussion

Ravenoslen
New Contributor
3 years ago

How attach files after an automated execution

A few weeks ago we purchased Zephyr Scale for Jira Cloud. I know how it works on Server version and now I implemented the cloud version for execution test, there I don't have any issues, however after an execution I can't upload files like the server version, where the url is like this "/testresult/{testResultId}/attachments" to post a file from a previous result. I'm trying to figure out how I can upload files, but checking the API information I could use " /automations/executions/custom" and I'm getting the following response:

{
"errorCode": 400,
"message": "Couldn't find any mapped test cases",
"status": "Bad Request"
}

How I can resolve this?
Are there any alternatives for cloud version to accomplish this? 

In this place for Server version I was able to upload files after an execution with "/testresult/{testResultId}/attachments", for example:

3 Replies

josh42
    Community Hero

Hi Ravenoslen ,

as far as I know, the cloud API does not allow for attachments to be added to test execution (you can't even update existing executions).

The "/automations/executions/custom" endpoint you mentioned is meant to be used for results in Zephyr Scale's custom format (see https://support.smartbear.com/zephyr-scale-cloud/docs/test-automation/junit-integration-custom.html), so this won't help you much, I guess.

I'm worried about this, because we are thinking about switching to cloud and uploading files to test executions is essential for any automated test.

Cheers

Josh

Ravenoslen
      New Contributor

Hi josh42 

Thanks for your feedback. I'm agree too, it's important upload files as an additional evidence for users, I don't know if smartbear will add that feature soon for Jira Cloud. In the other hand, as a workaround I'm thinking to upload those evidences in other repository and refer that information as a hyperlink in the comment section or upload those files in the main jira issue traced inside the test case, but the idea is doing inside the execution test.

Neethu_VP
        New Contributor

Hi Ravenoslen ,

I'm also trying the same. recently we moved to cloud and I'm trying to upload files in test cycle. i tried with custom API and not working.

Any solution for this