Forum Discussion

atul_deotale
New Contributor
8 years ago

can not click on SysTreeView32 in MFC application

in keyword test when I right click and click "show object in name mapped editor" it could find the object.

But when run below statement

Call Aliases.rhapsody.wndAfx.HotFeatures.AfxWnd90.wndAfx.AfxFrameOrView90.SysTreeView32.ClickItem("|Project|Packages")

It throws error as "The object does not exist. See Additional Information for details. 17:35:48 Higher Error".

When I try to check properties in name mapped it shows only Id=0, Name=empty,Visible=True and visiobleOnScreen=True.

Which are also not helpful to detect object. Means when I click "Highlight On Screen" button it shows error "Message - "Unable to find the object that matches the OBJECT_NAME item." Reason: Parent objects was not found by its identification properties"

2 Replies

• It seems like it's a mapping problem. :catfrustrated: Try checking all the parents for this object until you find the one that's broken...

Sometimes developers can change Index/Control ID or some other options from an object and then you get this kind of error.

Hope this helps!

atul_deotale
      New Contributor

Hi Altermann ,

Thanks for your reply!

But I have tried Highlight on screen for its parent window as well.

Today I came to know that. The properties that I captured during recording get replaced when I run the script. Hence it can not give error when I run Highlight on screen just after recording script before Run.

But even in that case it did not highlight exact tree object it highlighted entire frame where entire SysTreeView32 tree view hierarchy is present.

How can I capture exact SysTreeView32 object in entire frame?

Please see screenshot.

I want package_0 or package_1 object to be captured in name map.

Thanks

Atul