Forum Discussion

vbarros
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

WInForm objects Click()

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a test in desktop and I'm with the follow problem.

I identified the element that I   found to identify this element doesn't have Click() Methods available.

Is there other way to do a click or select this object?

somebody know how can I do this? I'm using the Python language.

Aliases.ServiceTool.FlyoutDialog.Tag.Commands.Item[0].OK

• Hi,

Use the object spy and select the object. A good tutorial is here: https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/exploring-apps/object-spy/index.html 

Once you select the objects, click methods, and view more members to see the full available list of methods you can call on that object. 
    I would expect a clickbutton or clickitem method to be present. 

If the object cannot be identified we can turn on enhancements to expose more properties... I will wait for your response, so we don't enable unnecessary settings. 

3 Replies

• Hi,

Use the object spy and select the object. A good tutorial is here: https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/exploring-apps/object-spy/index.html 

Once you select the objects, click methods, and view more members to see the full available list of methods you can call on that object. 
    I would expect a clickbutton or clickitem method to be present. 

If the object cannot be identified we can turn on enhancements to expose more properties... I will wait for your response, so we don't enable unnecessary settings. 

vbarros
      Occasional Contributor

In this case to identify the unique object I have to extract many sub menu of object. 

for example: Sys.Process("ServiceTool").WinFormsObject("FlyoutDialog", "").Tag.Commands.Item[1].Result[OK]

But this property does not have a method click, then my question is if is there other way todo this?