Forum Discussion

rafibbh
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Upgrade of license server

Hi,

I plan to upgrade the license server on my server from 2.80 to 2.98. The old version of license server is used with TC 12.46 and 12.60 TC/TE installations. If I upgrade the license server and import (i am doing it manually because my license server does not have access outside intranet) newly activated floating licenses for 14.20, does it mean that the previous licenses for TC/TE 12 will be deactivated automatically ? Does it mean that hosts with TE 12 installed will stop working ?

My infrastructure is :

- one license server

- about 10-20 server with TC 12 or TE 12 using floating license model for different module (platform/web/desktop)

I would like to upgrade license server, import all TE/TC 14 licenses and slowly upgrade each host with TC 12/TE 12 installed at some point later.

Please advise,

• Hi rafibbh,

TestComplete 12 and 14 have different licenses. After the License Server upgrade, v.12 should remain on the server. When you activate v.14, it will simply be added to the server.

3 Replies

Gamez4888
    Occasional Visitor

rafibbh wrote:

Hi,

I plan to upgrade the license server on my server from 2.80 to 2.98. The old version of license server is used with TC 12.46 and 12.60 TC/TE installations. If I upgrade the license server and import (i am doing it manually because my license server does not have access outside intranet mywegmansconnect) newly activated floating licenses for 14.20, does it mean that the previous licenses for TC/TE 12 will be deactivated automatically ? Does it mean that hosts with TE 12 installed will stop working ?

My infrastructure is :

- one license server

- about 10-20 server with TC 12 or TE 12 using floating license model for different module (platform/web/desktop)

I would like to upgrade license server, import all TE/TC 14 licenses and slowly upgrade each host with TC 12/TE 12 installed at some point later.

Please advise,

Upgraded.

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi rafibbh,

TestComplete 12 and 14 have different licenses. After the License Server upgrade, v.12 should remain on the server. When you activate v.14, it will simply be added to the server.