Ask a Question

Unexpected error in the MAPI client

mgroen2
Super Contributor

Unexpected error in the MAPI client

I am trying to send the log of a test, using email:

- Rightclick on Testlog node -> Send Email;

- Error message is displayed "Unexpected error in the MAPI client";

It's a small log, about 300 kb in size so the size shouldn't be the problem.

I have installed latest version of TC, and latest stable version of Thunderbird.

I am able to send/receive emails with Thunderbird manually.

Is this known behaviour? Any tips as on how to fix this?

Mathijs

12 REPLIES 12
DWalsh

Re: Unexpected error in the MAPI client

Hi,

Is your thunderbird setup for simple or extended MAPI support. You might want to check with your system administrators. Have you tried configuring Outlook client to access your mail account and send emails that way?

Regards

Damien Walsh

Technical Sales Engineer

mgroen2
Super Contributor

@DWalsh How to check if thunderbird setup for simple or extended MAPI support? I installed it myself after downloading the executable from internet.... Took a glimp at all setup screens but didn't see any MAPI support settings?

I haven't tried Outlook client, since I use Windows 8.1 and there is no Outlook client included in Windows 8.1

DWalsh

For use of mapi libraries you will need to install the MAPI client - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=1004

By default Thunderbird has a default of simple mapi installed - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/990244 

mgroen2
Super Contributor

I have downloaded and installed the MAPI client from the link you suggested.

However I can't install the hotfix as described on https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/990244

See attached screenshot for error message.

I still get the same error from Thunderbird also....

mgroen2
Super Contributor

@DWalsh I am running Windows 8.1 64bit, Thunderbird is 32bit app and TestComplete is 32bit as well.

I read here that MAPI issues can arise in "mixing" 32 bit apps in 64bits environments. Does this sound familiar?

DWalsh

That should'nt make a difference with 64 bit OS and 32 bit application. The other thing you could check is running TestComplete as administrator and then seeing if you encounter the same error.

If it does the next steps I would suggest is opening a ticket with our support team to investigate further

Thanks

Damien Walsh

Technical Sales Engineer

mgroen2
Super Contributor

I have tried running TC as admin, but no effect.

I have also experimented with a 64 bit email client FossaMail, but instead of getting the message "Unexpected Error in MAPI client" now either nothing happens after clicking on the "Send via Email", or I get the message "No default email program associated". I have set and double checked it in Windows Control Panel multiple times....... 😞

Edit: created issue #00172289 for this

m_essaid
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Why don't you automate this by sending via CDO ?

mgroen2
Super Contributor

@m_essaid what is a CDO? 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: