Forum Discussion

mmccollum
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Unable to select Tabs in a Java App

Hello,

I am fairly new to test complete and im running into a problem. Im trying to grab the tabs in a tabed table and it wont see it. It sees it as a single object instead of multiple objects. Is there a way to set custom selections or prehaps refine selection? When I go into the object browser it shows teh tabbed pane but under that is only the table itself not the buttons.

Thanks,

Mitch

• In my experience, the "Tabs" themselves are not invididual UI objects but controls embedded in the tab.  Notice in your screenshots that it recognizes that the tabs are there with the wTabCount property (there are 4 tabs).

To click on a tab, usually there is a ClickTab or ClickItem or SelectItem or some similar method on the control to select the specific tab.  Doing a QUICK research in the TestComplete documentation for the Java TabbedPane control type revealed this

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/test-objects/members/tab/clicktab-action-tab-control.html

So... you should be able to call ClickTab(0) to click the first tab or ClickTab("My Caption") to click the tab with the indicated caption.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

In my experience, the "Tabs" themselves are not invididual UI objects but controls embedded in the tab.  Notice in your screenshots that it recognizes that the tabs are there with the wTabCount property (there are 4 tabs).

To click on a tab, usually there is a ClickTab or ClickItem or SelectItem or some similar method on the control to select the specific tab.  Doing a QUICK research in the TestComplete documentation for the Java TabbedPane control type revealed this

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/test-objects/members/tab/clicktab-action-tab-control.html

So... you should be able to call ClickTab(0) to click the first tab or ClickTab("My Caption") to click the tab with the indicated caption.

mmccollum
      Occasional Contributor

Now I feel foolish.. Thank you I was not looking in the right location.

Thanks,

Mitch

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi Mitch,

In addition: in Capture2.png and Capture3.png it can be seen that you are using the Basic view mode for Object Browser. Switch to the Advanced one to be able to get access to more object's properties and methods.