Forum Discussion

Stevan
Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

The combo box is invisible. The action cannot be executed.

When I record a test using a dropdown box and rerun it , I keep getting the following message --

The combo box is invisible. The action cannot be executed. 

The test I am recording consists of several fields where there is a dropdown box , its works for the first drop down box but when it comes to the 2nd one I always get an error. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

• do you have to click on the dropdown panel first to view and click the items within?

it may be a simple timing issue. in which case, try adding in a delay between the two actions.

• ok, so now if you go to the value column of the operation where you are clicking on the dropdown item, 

give it a single click within the value panel of that row, and three dots should appear in the far right side of that value column, if you click into that, you will see the operation parameters for the click operation.

change both the x and y value to -1 and -1 

6 Replies

• do you have to click on the dropdown panel first to view and click the items within?

it may be a simple timing issue. in which case, try adding in a delay between the two actions.

Stevan
      Contributor

Yes I do, I will try to add a delay to see if that works.

Stevan
      Contributor

I tried to add a delay in the testing and that didn't work, now I get the following --

There was an attempt to perform an action at point (72, 7) which is transparent or out of the window bounds. Im am new to smartbear and not really sure what this error means.

hkim5
        Staff

ok, so now if you go to the value column of the operation where you are clicking on the dropdown item, 

give it a single click within the value panel of that row, and three dots should appear in the far right side of that value column, if you click into that, you will see the operation parameters for the click operation.

change both the x and y value to -1 and -1