Forum Discussion

pankajjain2050
Contributor
5 years ago

The application closes automatically after test is completed by Testcomplete

I am automating VB6 application, and once the test completes successfully, the application closes itself. I want the application to stay open for next test.

15 Replies

• Can you provide a snippet of the test you are running and whether there is a step at the end which closes the application. Is this one of the first test you are creating with TestComplete?

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I agree with DWalsh .  TestComplete does not have any settings or anything to automatically close the application under test. This is something that needs to be explicitly called within the test itself or as an event handler.  If you can share your code or a screenshot of your KWT, we can perhaps help further.

pankajjain2050
      Contributor

Yes, this is my first test. And I am opening the app manually.

Line 9 opens the new window(say Window B) in the app and closes the first window(window A). (This is working fine)

Line 17 should close the Window B and return back to Window A, but it closes Window B and does not go back to Window A.

In Task Manager, I can see the process running for the app but there is no window present in UI.

Please let me know if any more info is required and thanks in advance for help.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

If you're expecting Window A to be back  with the application present in Task Manager, that doesn't sound like a problem with the automation but a bug in the application under test.

I'm assuming that if you try it manually, it also doesn't work right?  I would say, at this point, generate a bug report back to your developers and see what they have to say.  By definition, if you're expecting a behavior and that behavior doesn't happen, then it's a bug.