Forum Discussion

gavemula
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

The Mock location unable to setup for Android and iOS devices with the Testcomplete methods

The Mock location is unable to set up for Android and iOS devices with the Testcomplete methods.  I have tried with the below VB script with valid Lattitude and longitude values, the script result sh...
    gavemula
    4 years ago

Hi AlexKaras,

Please find the below my inline comments:

--You executed TestComplete script that enabled geolocation mocking on the device, modified current location (by increasing both longitude and latitude by 0.005) and finished with the geolocation mocking on the device been left enabled;----Yes, I have given longitude and latitude for a deferent location(eg: my current location is India mock location given as USA), I ran the script after updating the required settings in mobile device from developer options(GPS location on,Device only, mock location app as Testcompleteandroid agent etc..)

-- Then you manually opened some other application on the device and this application showed initial location. (Not the location with the coordinates increased by 0.005.) --- I opened google maps to check my current location but it is still showing the current location instead of mock location.

I have raised a ticket with SmartBear after a couple of discussions with the team, Smartbear confirmed there is a defect and informed us that they going to provide patch/release in a few days.  This issue is exist for both android and iOS devices.