Forum Discussion

handanu
Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

TestComplete does not find an object in the requested time.

Hi,

I use keyword testing for desktop application. I add a basic view of program and field that i have troubled with. In each test I use a checkpoint on an alert which stays on screen only 10 seconds. Normally testcomplete find this checkpointfield 3-4 seconds, but in some tests alert screen time becomes greater than 10 seconds, ~11-15 secs.

So, when alert gone, my test fails.

We use automation ids for checkpoint objects. Checkpointfield has an automation id but alert has not.(developers say they couldn't give the alert an automation id), Then I arranged the name mapping area from

Sys

Main Program

Source_WindowHostWindow

WindowHostWindow

Alert

Checkpointfield

To

Sys

Main Program

Checkpointfield (has automation id, extended find property is true)

Source_WindowHostWindow (extended find property is false)

WindowHostWindow  (extended find property is false)

Alert  (extended find property is true)

When  Checkpointfield is under the Alert, testcomplete couldn't find the  "WindowHostWindow". Or warns Source_WindowHostWindow's to change a property. I changed it but a few tests later it fails because testcomplete warns Source_WindowHostWindow's to replace with the previous one. That is why i drag and drop Checkpointfield under Main program. As I said above, this time testcomplete could take 10 seconds to find the Checkpointfield.

If I move the mouse over alert, it will stay on the screen as long as the mouse is on it. But how could I do it in keyword test? Or any suggestions?

I'm looking forward to your answers,

Thank you very much.

Testcomplete version:14.20

PS: Sorry if there is any grammer error.

2 Replies