Ask a Question

TestComplete crashes iOS app while namemapping

larolsen
Contributor

TestComplete crashes iOS app while namemapping

Hi

I am testing a Cordova iOS app. As part of my test I need to click on an AlertView (message pop-up with usual OK/Cancel choice)

When I use the object spy I can find the correct label on the AlertView that I want to press, but when I select Map Object, my app crashes, and TestComplete shows an error message saying "OLE error 80040200". This happens every time I try to map it, even on different iOS devices. I have never experienced TestComplete crashing the app under test during namemapping before.

After the crash TestComplete becomes unresponsive. I use version 11.31.2420.7. The iDevices I tried it on, run iOS9.2 and iOS9.3

Do you have any suggestions for a fix or workaround?

Best regards

Lars Lund Olsen

Widex A/S

EDIT: I managed to map the item by selecting to let TestComplete name the items, and not selecting my own names while mapping. Afterwards I was able to change the names of the mapped items, and now my test runs as expected. Odd behaviour nonetheless...

4 REPLIES 4
Marsha_R
Community Hero

Re: TestComplete crashes iOS app while namemapping

I would send that one to Support so they know what's happening:

https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete

vatbub
Contributor

Hey larolsen,

I would be glad to know what the support told you as we do experience this sometimes too.

Greetings,

vat

larolsen
Contributor

Hi

I haven't been able to reproduce the behavior, so I haven't contacted support yet. If you can reproduce it, I would suggest you contact support with your findings 🙂

Best regards

Lars Lund Olsen

vatbub
Contributor

Hey guys,

The devs from SmartBear fixed a similar issue like that one in 12.0:

Fixed: Selecting an iOS Date Picker with the Object Spy or Object Browser crashed TestComplete and the tested iOS application.

(Taken from here)

Maybe this fixes that issue too.

Regards,

vatbub

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: