Forum Discussion

DarkShadows
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

TestComplete configuration in Jenkins with examples

Hello team,

Can someone guide me how to configure the TestComplete execution files under the Jenkins please, I already read documentation part within smart bear's website however its not that great as usual and not giving me idea which files needs to select and for multiple executions , currently I 'm playing with Jenkins however for some reason it throwing exit code 3 and with error message "Test complete project cannot be run because there are no test items in it create a new test item and run the project. below is brief  summary about the configuration

1. Under the Jenkins>>Build section: selected the TestComplete Test as build steps and under this TestComplete Test build step I have provided my Project suits file path (c:\....Pjs)
  2. Then I have selected the second radio option i.e. Entire Suite
  3. or If I selected the 4th Radio option i.e. Keyword test then I giving my project name as "TestProject1" and TestName "First Run" but Jenkins throwing error 3

Please guide which file path I'm supposed to add when I select each this options

many thanks

Dark Shadows

• Remove the .tcKDTest form your Test name and try it. This will work fine for you.

The Error shows me, you don't have a test item under project suite.

Do you have a TestItem in your Project?, if not you have to create TestItem in your Project.

• Also, you have the full path to your project suite entered, it should be the path relative the workspace on your jenkins slave. 

4 Replies

shankar_r
    Community Hero

Remove the .tcKDTest form your Test name and try it. This will work fine for you.

The Error shows me, you don't have a test item under project suite.

Do you have a TestItem in your Project?, if not you have to create TestItem in your Project.

cunderw
    Community Hero

Also, you have the full path to your project suite entered, it should be the path relative the workspace on your jenkins slave.