Forum Discussion

ChiefBrian
Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

TestComplete QT support deprecated??

We are being told by the TestComplete support team that support for the latest version of QT is not coming.  We have been using TC for a decade and they have fully supported all the versions of QT we have used over this time.  Now all the sudden we are ready to upgrade to the latest QT version and we are told Smartbear is going to kick us to the curb.    We have thousands of man hours at this point invested in our automation and to make a change at this is going to be painful.    QT is not a small operation and is quite prevalent in the desktop world and I don't think they are going away anytime soon.  Smartbear's 2021 state of testing report showed an increase in desktop application testing year over year so although web testing is increasing I hope they are aware Desktop apps are not going away

So if you use QT or use TC to test a desktop application please go like this request as away of support the group of us out here testing desktop applications

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-Feature-Requests/Add-QT-6-support/idi-p/224529

Thanks

Brian

• Hi Brian, thanks for reaching out, 

Qt 6 support is planned for Q1 of 2022. 

Thanks,

Dermot

5 Replies

dermotcanniffe
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Brian, thanks for reaching out, 

Qt 6 support is planned for Q1 of 2022. 

Thanks,

Dermot

jannahz
      New Contributor

Hi,

May I know which TestComplete version will QT 6 support and whether it is still planned for Q1 2022 as mentioned above.

vinniew
        Staff

Hi jannahz 

I believe the next release (15.4) will support this 

It is currently planned this month 

KR

Vinnie