Forum Discussion

rkadali
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

TestComplete Desktop testing

I recorded a test in keyword mode.

UltraTree1 ClickItemXY "CLOSING PAPERS (1)", 122, 5, skNoShift Clicks the 'CLOSING PAPERS (1)' item of the 'UltraTree1' tree.

The number for value CLOSING PAPERS (1) changes every time. How to make it identified?

• Hi Emma,

Thank you for your response. I am new to test complete. I have got the following error when I tried to add wild card to the value.

The tree item 'CLOSING PAPERS (\d)' not found. 

Please suggest me the type and mode. I tried different combinations but didnt work.

Thanks,

Roja

• Thank You Emma! It worked.

6 Replies

rkadali
    Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply. The problem is, the object in Mapped objects showing as UltraTree1 collectively.  I am not able to locate Closing Papers(1) in object browser to add wild card.

ebarbera
      Staff

Hello rkadali - 

I believe you can get around this by using a different method - currently you are using a clickitemXY method which is using the exact name and coordinates of that element. Try a clickItem

instead - you can add a wildcard in the method value to wildcard out the (1)

Let me know if you have additional questions. 

Emma

rkadali
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Emma,

Thank you for your response. I am new to test complete. I have got the following error when I tried to add wild card to the value.

The tree item 'CLOSING PAPERS (\d)' not found. 

Please suggest me the type and mode. I tried different combinations but didnt work.

Thanks,

Roja

rkadali
    Occasional Contributor

Thank You Emma! It worked.