Ask a Question

TestComplete AutoUpdate

azakharov
Contributor

TestComplete AutoUpdate

Hi,

I wonder if there are any plans on implementing auto-update feature in TestComplete?

It's a quite tedious task to download and install browser patches and new TC versions, especially if you have to do it on multiple machines.

Thank you.

Andrey.
5 REPLIES 5
TanyaYatskovska
Community Manager

RE: TestComplete AutoUpdate

Hi Andrey,

We do consider this possibility. However, currently, I cannot give you more precise time estimates regarding the terms of the functionality's implementation.

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya
SmartBear Community and Education Manager

Join Wintertainment 2021 to share your stories, have fun, earn community badges, and more!
azakharov
Contributor

Thanks Tanya, it would be really great to have it.
jose_pita
Super Contributor

Be careful with the auto-update functionality, because, with new versions always come new bugs, and some companies just cannot have the tests stopped...
Colin_McCrae
Community Hero

I agree with Jose.

If auto-update is added, I would want the option to disable it somewhere in the application settings. (Unlike stupid Chrome)
azakharov
Contributor

TestComplete already shows an alert that a new version and/or patches are available.

But then, on clicking 'OK", instead of redirecting to the website I think it would be great if it would just get and install everything instead of a hasstle of dowloading, copying, etc...
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: