Forum Discussion

Peppermill
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

TestComplete 14 - QApplication children have become inaccessible and invisible in the object browser

Hi all,

I am trying to automate Testing in Xilinx ISE 14.5i, but I've run into this issue where the children of the application which I had previously been able to access through the object browser/spy have become completely inaccessible past a depth of 2 in the browser. TestComplete seems to think that they are just no longer there. 

Pictured below is the expected object browser for Xilinx ISE14.5i

And pictured here is the object browser I am experiencing.

Note in picture below that TestComplete sees the ChildCount for the main window as 0 now.

I started experiencing this issue between test runs and attempted to re-install both ISE 14.5i and TestComplete 14 to resolve the issues as well as attempting the steps in the QApplication troubleshooting guide for TestComplete to no avail. I also tried installing both on my laptop and am experiencing the same issue. I am getting to the end of my rope with this issue and have been working with support to uncover what's happening but haven't managed to make any progress. I figured someone here may have experienced a similar issue with TestComplete 14 not being able to see the children of a QApplication and could maybe shed some light on the problem.

Thanks,

Peppermill

BenoitB
    4 years ago
    ok, i think you need some mapping on openapps settings of TC to access the child elements. Perhaps also check TC documentation about which version of qt is supported

7 Replies

BenoitB
    Community Hero

I see a difference, on the "no"t working example, you have an empty ise so it's normal you don't have children.

For me, no error, you should test in same data condition.

Peppermill
      New Contributor

Regardless of what project is open in ISE the window behaves the same. Yes I should have provided an example with same exact data conditions but I didn't. Even so, an empty ISE project still has parts of the window that should be interactable. For example there is no child for the top ribbon menu even while the window is able to be interacted with.

BenoitB
        Community Hero
        you're right.
        i don't know qapplication.
        If you record a script tovuse it, it's not working ? Qapplication is an heavy client ?