Forum Discussion

Lizpuff
New Contributor
6 years ago

Test Complete and Test Execute do not match

Hello

Can anyone help me out with why Test Complete and Test Execute are not acting in the same fashion?  I have been having this issue since I upgrated to version 15.  For example, here is a preview button in our program.  When I use the Object spy to view this button Test Complete pulls this as the process name: Sys.Process("PNReportGenerator").VCLObject("ReportForm").VCLObject("PanelLeft").VCLObject("Panel1").VCLObject("btnPreview")

Test Execute pulls this :Sys.Process("PNReportGenerator").Window("TReportForm", "Report Generator [Ver. 15.00.1311] - ProfitNet Test Center (Z0065) [PROTO]", 1).Window("TPanel", "", 4).Window("TPanel", "", 3).Window("TPRGBitBtn", "Pre&view", 2).

I have written all tests using the former btnPreview naming and now using test execute this no longer works.  Similarly, there are objects I can select in Test complete (such as items in a list) that I can no longer select in Test Execute.  It would select the entire list box instead of the actual items in that list.  Any suggestions for how I can get Test execute to go back to how it was working before ie like Test Complete is working?

5 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

This isn't necessarily a problem between TestExecute and TestComplete but, potentially, an environment issue or a problem with the application under test not being compiled or referenced the same way.

I'm assuming you're testing what appears to be a Delphi project.  What it seems like is, for TestExecute, some of the plugins and such referencing the objects are not turned on.  

When you run TestExecute stand along, right click on the sys try and selec "Install Extensions" and make sure that all the same extensions are active in TestExecute as they are in TestComplete.

Lizpuff
      New Contributor

Apologies I am quite green in trying to figure out what is going on here.

Yes it is a delphi object.  It does appear every extension is turned on in both applications.  

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Since TestExecute does not have an object spy, how are you getting that output of how TE is viewing the object?  Is this coming through an error record in the test log?  If so, could you post the whole error message including the Additional info tab?

Thanks!