Forum Discussion

fbordalo
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

TC fails to find button when screen resolution change from 1152X856 to 1920X1024

Hi,

When I have a Flex object mapped using property other than ID, TC fails to locate the object correctly when screen resolution change. Selecting an objectg using the Object Browser tree that does not use ID, at 1152X856 resolution I see the object (button). At the higher resolution of 1920X1024, selecting the same object results in a different section of the page to display, not the object displayed with the lower resolution (button).

Objects mapped using ID experience the same issue with the object browser, however TC does locate the object correctly during the play.

TC version 12.10.6027

Firefox: 60.1

Flash Player Debugger: 32.

Is these a way to recreat the obeject mapping when the screen resolution changes?

Thanks,

Fred

• It turns out if I remote desktop to my hyper-v instance and set the resolution higher than 1920X1080 or full screen, the problem persisten. If I set the resolution to 1920X1080 or lower, the system works as expected as long as I enable mapping extensive search. The extensive search is only needed on objects that do not use id for mapping.

Looking at the host, the video max resolution is 1920X1080.

5 Replies

fbordalo
      Occasional Contributor

It did not work. The system was already configured to Update Name Mapping during test run. :(

Thanks anyways. Any other suggestions?

fbordalo
        Occasional Contributor

I have tried several properties including the latest FlexObject.Label and FlexObject.ClassName. I also tried ObjectGroupIndex, ObjectType and Caption.

The full tree path

Sys.Browser("firefox").Page("<URL>").Object("main").main("main").UserLogin("userLogin").LinkButton("Log In")

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

It would be helpful to see how you have the object mapped... what properties are you using, are you using Extended Find, what the hierarchy tree looks like.  Generally speaking, resolution should not affect mapping so long as you're not using resolution based properties like Top, Left, Height, Width, etc.