Forum Discussion

QA-Joseph
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Silverlight Properties: Binding

Greetings,

I am attempting to extract a binded value, $1,390.82, from a Silverlight property, and have attached the TC 7.51 Object Properties results and a screen print of the target object. Upon review of the Object Properties screen print you will note that the text "$1,390" is not displayed.

The Silverlight code below displays the "$1,390.92" text on the web page via a binding, "abc.abcPrice".

<StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal" >                    

<TextBlock x:Name ="txtClaimTotal" Margin="5,0" Text="{Binding abc.abcPrice, Converter={StaticResource NullMessageConverter}}" />                    

</StackPanel>

The "Name" property is available, but do you have an idea as to how I can extract the binded value from "Text"?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Joseph

4 Replies

QA-Joseph
    Occasional Contributor
    Greetings,

Please find attached a screen print of the "Text" property and its value "$1,390", as mentioned in the post thread that was obtained via Silverlight Spy.  I hope this information helps in your review of my question.

Best regards,

Joseph
    QA-Joseph
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello David,

The TC 7.51 code below returns the text "txtTotal", not the binded value $1,390.82.

x = Sys["Process"]("iexplore")["Page"]("http://abc/abc/abc.aspx");

x1 = x["Form"]("form1")["Panel"]("silverlightControlHost")["UIAObject"]("Silverlight_Control")["UIAObject"]("txtTotal");

Log["Message"](x1["Name"]);

In the TC 7.51 Object Property view,  Name  =  UIAObject("txtTotal").

I am in the middle of a produce release testing cycle and will submit the Silverlight code sample to you promptly.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best regards,

Joseph

• Hello Joseph,

The Name property returns the name of the object. You need to use the NativeUIAObject.Name property. Try using the code below and let me know your results:

x = Sys["Process"]("iexplore")["Page"]("http://abc/abc/abc.aspx");

x1 = x["Form"]("form1")["Panel"]("silverlightControlHost")["UIAObject"]("Silverlight_Control")["UIAObject"]("txtTotal");

Log["Message"](x1["NativeUIAObject"]["Name"]);