Forum Discussion

mustafayol
Contributor
3 years ago

Sending emails to multiple receipents with built-in SendMail function

hi,

I am using testcomplete's built-in SendMail function to send emails via the scripts.

SendMail(ToAddressFromHostFromNameFromAddressSubjectBodyFileName1, FileName2..FileNameN);

The problem is when I write more than one email to ToAddress section it fails.

According to documentation; "You can specify several addresses separated by commas or semicolons."

I tried to write recipient's emails by using separation methods as "," or ";" or "\," or "\;",

let ToAddress = "receipent1@company.com , receipent2@company.com" ;

let ToAddress = "receipent1@company.com"+ "," +"receipent2@company.com" ;

let ToAddress = "receipent1@company.com"+ ";" +"receipent2@company.com" ;

let ToAddress = "receipent1@company.com ; receipent2@company.com" ;

When I send an email to one recipient it works.

function send_Mail() {

SendMail("receipent1@company.com ", "smtp.companyhost.com", "FromSenderTester", "senderEmail@company.com", "Subject test email", "Body Test email")

}

But when I try to send it to more than one recipient it fails. 
Not Work!

function send_Mail() {

SendMail("receipent1@company.com , receipent1@company.com", "smtp.companyhost.com", "FromSenderTester", "senderEmail@company.com", "Subject test email", "Body Test email")

}

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/program-objects/builtin/sendmail.html

2 Replies

• you will need to make an array of the recipients list, and loop over that list sending the emails to each recipient one by one using the same function.

mustafayol
      Contributor

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the reply. In fact, that's what I already do. But according to documentation, sending to multiple emails by separating commas or semi-columns should also be possible.

let receipents = ["user1@gmail.com", "user2@gmail.com", "user3@gmail.com"];

receipents.forEach(

function sendMultiple(item) {SendMail(item, "smtp.companyhost.com", "FromSenderTester", "senderEmail@company.com", "Subject test email", "Body Test email")};

);

Best regards

Mustafa