Forum Discussion

Shreedhan
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Script to work in IE/FF

Hi,

Is there any way to run a keyword test script (created using Firefox) in Internet Explorer or vice-versa ?

Thank you

5 Replies

• Hello Shreedhan,

As far as my knowledge goes you cant do that. 

There could be one option worth trying -If you are using Name Mapping in you script on say FF and now want to run the same script on IE. you could move the all the elements in the namemapping from page to the last leaf nodes to the IE process and try running the script. Note that you ll need to have one script for FF and one script for IE.

Thankyou

• Hi,

See the "Browser-Independent Scripting" help topic. You can use the same approach in KD tests.
  • Hi,

There's no way to provide you with a step-by-step tutorial on this, and there's no universal solution. It is possible only to give recommendations on the way you need to organize your tests to make them work with both IE and FF. I recommend that you read the help topic I mentioned in my previous post to start creating your test. The article you've mentioned describes a more complex approach, if you don't have much experience with creating cross-browser tests, start with basic recommendations listed in the help topic.