Forum Discussion

ezzmonem
New Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Regions.Compare with Masks

I am using Regions.Compare method in an If condition for branching between two different scenarios based on the displayed window. I don't use Check because it takes a longer time to process and generates a log error that terminates the script. Is there any way to include masks while using Compare? or is there any other way to compare a region as a branching condition (not as a region checkpoint) and still be able to use masks?

3 Replies

ezzmonem
    New Contributor

daniel_dewinter

Thank you for your help!

PictureObject.Compare worked fine with masks.

I implemented it this way:

var appRegion = Regions.CreateRegionInfo(
    AObject, 0, 0, width, height, false);

var baselinePicture= Regions.GetPicture("baseline_1");
    var baselineMask= Regions.GetPicture("baseline_1_Mask");

if(baselinePicture.Compare(appRegion .Picture(), false, 0, false, 0, baselineMask)){

}

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Well,first of all, I don't like having "Stop on error" set to true... I like to have more granular control over when my automation stops.  So, if turn that off, then Regions.Check would work for you.

You could go the route of Picture.Compare (https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/program-objects/picture/compare.html?q=Picture.compare)

It's a bit different than Region compare... you wouldn't have a stored region in the system, you'd be using an external picture file loaded in.  I use this freqently and does pretty well.

• Hi, ezzmonem 

Is it an option to use the Picture.Compare method?

Picture.Compare allows a mask to be used

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/program-objects/picture/compare.html

In my scripts I use a combination of the picture.compare and region.compare method

===========================

if (!pic_1.Compare(pic_2, ............., maskImg))
    {

Regions.Compare(pic_1, pic_2)

}

===========================

Regards,

Daniel