Forum Discussion

Lee_M
Community Hero
4 years ago
Solved

Region Checkpoints in Data Driven loops

I have a region checkpoint that works as expected.

I  want to include this checkpoint in a Data Driven Loop but the operation (to check "CAD") would be a dynamic variable in the look and have an associated stored region with the same title.

e.g.

ScreenName (var) Region (FileName)
CAA CAA.png
CAB CAB.png
CAC CAC.png
CAD  CAD.png

Keyword test design

Does anyone know how the change the Keyword test region operation into a dynamic var

failing this, how could this be accomplished in script ?

• Lee_M 

You will first have to set up 2 Project level variables. 

The spreadsheet variable should contain a column with the names of the images from the regions section of TestComplete.

Next you will have to add the following steps to your keyword test - inside the datadriven loop:

Set Variable Value:

Code Snippet : Regions.Items(Project.Variables.Var1).Check(Aliases.browser.pageEvaluateFunctionTestcomplete.panel)

Hopefully this helps - let me know if you have any additional questions.

6 Replies

• Lee_M 

You will first have to set up 2 Project level variables. 

The spreadsheet variable should contain a column with the names of the images from the regions section of TestComplete.

Next you will have to add the following steps to your keyword test - inside the datadriven loop:

Set Variable Value:

Code Snippet : Regions.Items(Project.Variables.Var1).Check(Aliases.browser.pageEvaluateFunctionTestcomplete.panel)

Hopefully this helps - let me know if you have any additional questions.

Lee_M
      Community Hero

Thanks for the suggestion and the quick reply,

I will test this later tomorrow but this appears a well explained suggestion that will hopefully work.

Side note:

It would be nice to see a future version of TestComplete with the region Checkpoint able to accept variables by clicking of the elispsis like other TC functions

Operation Parameters dialog

Lee_M
      Community Hero

I have more errors now but they are beyond this question and more about checkpoints not matching 

Your answer was a great and does what I needed

Going one step further, elimating the second variable (Var1) and referencing directly within the loop:

Code Snippet : Regions.Items(Project.Variables.Var2.value("RegionName")).Check(Aliases.browser.pageEvaluateFunctionTestcomplete.panel)

jr348
    Contributor

I've used the javascript "eval" function for this  in the past to run random keyword tests from our suite.

Lee_M
      Community Hero

in Keyword or script ?

how did you do this ?

eval(var = project.regions.var)