Forum Discussion

sarya
Frequent Contributor
15 years ago

Real-time mode option in recording a load test

Hi,

I want to record a load test in the same way as the actual real-tme intervals between user actions. Can we use the real-time mode in the Recording option under project options for a load test ? I recorded the load test with the option "Real time mode" as checked but the total run time does not differe that much with or without the option checked.

Thanks,

Sumedha

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Real-time mode as a setting only applies to functional user tests.  Load tests in TestComplete do not interact with the UI and are simply traffic recordings of HTTP POST and GET messages to and from the web application. 

As far as I know, there's not an easy way to do that with the load testing.  However, you can come a little closer in TC 7.52 with synchronization points where you can indicate that all of your virtual users need to get to a particular request before they go on together.
    sarya
    Frequent Contributor
    Hey Allen,

Thanks for the suggestions. In the meantime,I am increasing the load on the server by repetitively running the load test multiple times as I won't be able to use the delay as I want to do a concurrent run for the users. Is this a feasible approach ?

Thanks,

Sumedha