Forum Discussion

thePantz
Contributor
6 years ago

ReadyAPI Test Editor - Properties page

Hello,

I'm a little confused how to use the properties page as described here

My understanding is that this will allow me to pass values to ReadyAPI.

What exactly are Global, System, and Project properties?

Is there a way to pass to a specific test case from here?

Thanks!

4 Replies

• I believe I have found my answer

Global Properties - defined at the ReadyAPI level, not project specific (Preferences -> Global Properties)

System Properties - Java machine settings (Help -> System Settings)

Project Properties - SoapUI Project level properties

It's unfortunate that I can't pass directly to the custom properties tab for a test case. Especially since I can do it via the Run TestCase step in ReadyAPI.

Am I missing something? or is this a feature request?

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

TestComplete provides an interface to execute ReadyAPI automated tests within the context of a TestComplete project.  The intention is that the majority of the necessary configurations and such for the tests are handled within ReadyAPI.  So, you would configured the different test cases in ReadyAPI and then call them from within TestComplete.

thePantz
        Contributor

The trouble with this approach in my case is that I want to grab a unique id displayed in the GUI and pass it to my API request. Then continue to make GUI verifications. I'm unable to create a predefined ReadyAPI test with all the needed data up front.

My workaround is to pass data by writing to a file but it's less than ideal. I suppose I could move this variable to the project/global level but most tests will not use it.