Forum Discussion

geneticmaterial
Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Read entries in browser console

Hopefully, a simple question. If the developer has implemented something that logs to the browser console. Is there a way that testComplete can get hold of the logged message?
    geneticmaterial
    3 years ago

I am no longer exploring this as an option 9writing and reading from logs.

Smartbear have come back to me offering a solution but it's a difficult one to implement, also we (dev and I) have chosen not to use the console to retrieve data.

the solution provided by smartbear should anyone need it is:

Regarding getting values from the browser console via TestComplete: I would recommend you try using the MSAA feature. To use the MSAA feature, please follow these steps:

1. Open your project in TestComplete.

2. Choose Tools -> Current Project Properties, then go to Open Applications -> MSAA.

3. Once there, check the "*" property checkbox.

4. Save the project and refresh the object browser.

After that, it becomes possible to get the values of the browser console fields. Please watch this video [https://s3.amazonaws.com/webtocasefiles/2021/1cc03977-14ec-e4e8-17bf-d95a1ef2b2b3/2021_07_01-21_34_45_993/MSAA_console_browser.mp4?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAILZDL6PV2PCURZRA&Expires=1711564499&Signature=6GWVHKxtk8i%2Blv9oi30JJ46EFsY%3D&] to check how the values from the Chrome browser console are recognized in TestComplete (with the MSAA feature turned on).