Forum Discussion

jamesbradley21
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

RDP

Hi,

I have set up a number of unit tests on TestComplete15. these run from a batch file on a PC in the cloud that I RDP to, With the idea being that they check components of my webservice each day.

When i run them interactively all is good, and if I run directly from a batch file all is fine.

However, if I run on a scheduler and am not connected to the PC via RDP they fail.

if I run the scheduler when I am connected to the RDP ( but the window is minimized all is good.)

Is this a common problem, and if so how do I get around it?

Regards,

james

8 Replies

Kitt
        Regular Contributor

I think you might be looking for this [TestComplete reference]:

"Suppose we have a test that takes the config parameter that specifies the tested application configuration: debug or release. The parameter value is passed via command line":

TestComplete.exe "C:\Work\My Projects\MySuite.pjs" /r /p:MyProj /u:Unit1 /rt:Main /config=debug

"If you run your tests via the SessionCreator utility, use its command-line argument (/arg) to pass the parameter to TestComplete":

SessionCreator.exe "C:\Work\My Projects\MySuite.pjs" /r /p:MyProj /u:Unit1 /rt:Main /arg:config=debug

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Refer to the Command-Line Syntax for /arg, in the reference that Kitt provided.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I'm not aware of any parameters that you can use to disable breakpoints when executing the scripts through TestComplete IDE. Ideally, you should use TestExecute

jamesbradley21
      Occasional Contributor

ok Understood. That makes sense.

This issue can be closed now if you like. I am ( very ) satisfied with all answers.

Regards,

james