Forum Discussion

Largent803
Contributor
3 years ago

Questions about Browser Looping

I am evaluating this product for possible use with for the company. I am attempting to create a test that will run on both

Chrome and Edge. 

I created the test using Chrome and when I originally ran the test on Chrome it works perfectly. Now I have added the looping function to it

but when I do that the system launches the Chrome browser then launches the Edge Browser and hangs there eventually it completes the test run

for Chrome but doesn't do the test run for Edge using the same steps. 

Is there a configuration to the Looping feature that is needed? So that it will run all the steps on both browsers.

20 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

doesn't do the test run for Edge

Can you provide an example of your code and corresponding test log?

Largent803
      Contributor

Browser Loop Chrome, Edge "", ... Iterates through the specified browsers.
      BrowserWindow Click ... Clicks the 'BrowserWindow' object.
      BrowserWindow Maximize Maximizes the specified Window object.
      textboxUsername SetText "kfiander" Sets the text 'XXXX' in the 'textboxUsername' text editor.
      textboxUsername Keys "[Tab]" Enters '[Tab]' in the 'textboxUsername' object.
      passwordboxPassword SetText Project.Variables.Password1 Sets the text Project.Variables.Password1 in the 'passwordboxPassword' text editor.
      passwordboxPassword SetText Project.Variables.Password2 Sets the text Project.Variables.Password2 in the 'passwordboxPassword' text editor.
      passwordboxPassword Keys "[Enter]" Enters '[Enter]' in the 'passwordboxPassword' object.
      vg Click ... Clicks the 'vg' control.
      panel22 Click ... Clicks the 'panel22' control.
      panel9 Click ... Clicks the 'panel9' control.
      textboxCenterDealdealname Click ... Clicks the 'textboxCenterDealdealname' control.
      textboxCenterDealdealname SetText "Bugs Bunn and Mickey" XXXX' in the 'textboxCenterDealdealname' text editor.
      panel12 Click ... Clicks the 'panel12' control.
      panel23 Click ... Clicks the 'panel23' control.
      panel24 Click ... Clicks the 'panel24' control.
      panel25 Click ... Clicks the 'panel25' control.
      panel8 Click ... Clicks the 'panel8' control.
      panel8 Keys "Here we c[BS]go again" Enters 'Here we c[BS]go again' in the 'panel8' object.
      buttonClear ClickButton Clicks the 'buttonClear' button.
      vg2 Click ... Clicks the 'vg2' control.

These are the steps results.

Google Chrome was launched. 9:20:11 Normal 0.00
      Navigating to the https://cruiseappdev.heritage.hf-wa.com/CruiseDesigner/... page. 9:20:18 Normal 6.12
      The Chrome browser was not closed after the loop iteration was finished 9:20:28 Normal 10.04
      Microsoft Edge was launched. 9:20:30 Normal 2.42
      Navigating to the https://cruiseappdev.heritage.hf-wa.com/CruiseDesigner/... page. 9:20:37 Normal 6.85
      The Edge browser was not closed after the loop iteration was finished 9:20:47 Normal 10.07

It starts the Chrome Browser however that is all.

It launches Edge and completes all the steps successfully.

I need it to test both Chrome and Edge