Forum Discussion

bhawani_prasad
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

Query Android mobile Automation: Open Applications Testing

Hi,

I am new to Test Compele and had an Query with Android Mobile Test Automation:

1. Do I need source code of the application to Qualify for Open applications testing? and test using object based?

2. For image based - we can record and run the application both native and hybrid third party apps? how can we insert checkppoints or validate if we do not identify the objects?

3. Can we automate or use multiple apps in single test? e.g: Interaction between apps.

Regards,

Bhawani 

1 Reply

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Bhawani,

> 1. Do I need source code of the application to Qualify for Open applications testing? and test using object based?

Yes, you do. To make Java-based application open for TestComplete it must be recompiled with PatchServices.jar and some initialization as per http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/56206/

> 2. For image based - we can record and run the application both native and hybrid third party apps? how can we insert checkppoints or validate if we do not identify the objects?

Yes, any Android application can be tested using image-based approach. Basically, only image checkpoints are relevant for this case.

> 3. Can we automate or use multiple apps in single test? e.g: Interaction between apps.

Yes, this is possible. Try to record some actions against more than one tested application to see the code that testComplete will generate.