Forum Discussion

pmallela2
Contributor
9 years ago

Present working on Test complete plat form of version - 8 with desktop module,now i am going

Present working on Test complete plat form of version - 8 with desktop module,now i am going to install web license module of version - 11.0.

after installing of web license of version - 11, the test complete platform and desktop module also will be changed to version -11.0

Please help me

5 Replies

• You activate the licenses in the same way.  You can use the license activation wizard that pops up when TestComplete can't find the license it needs, or you can download the SmartBear License Manager and use that to activate licenses, or you can use "Help | Activate or Deactivate License..." from a running instance of TestComplete.

Of course, you need a version 11 license to run TestComplete 11.  (Version 8 licenses only work with TestComplete 8.)

If you have any further problems, please open a support case at this link

pmallela2
      Contributor

Please provide me the solution for my scenario.

Present i am having desktop license and test complete plat form of version -8,i going to buy web license(present available versio is 11.2).

can i work with both modules(web + desktop ) in single instance of test complete.

can i upgrade version - 8 to version-11

joseph_michaud

As mentioned elsewhere, TestComplete 8 and TestComplete 11 are separate.  You cannot take the web module (or license) from TestComplete 11 and use it in TestComplete 8.  You will either have to use all of TestComplete 8 or TestComplete 11.

You can only purchase a version 11 license.  Which licenses you have to purchase and whether you can actually still get a license for TestComplete 8 (if that is what you want) is a conversation you will have to have with a Sales Representative.

One thing you can do right now is sign up for a free TestComplete trial.  This will give you a chance to try TestComplete 11 (with all the licenses) for 30 days.  Sign up for your free trial here:  TestComplete Trial