Forum Discussion

shantlk
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Object not found error is displayed for keyword test when selecting a date from clender date picker

Hi,

In my keyword test I need to select a date from the calendar date picker.

I have mapped the objects during recording and when I check it is available in the name mapping as well.

However when I playback, it is opening the calendar date picker but date selection fails with object not found.

Please help to resolve this issue.

Thank you !

• 1) How did you map your object - cell16? What properties / values did you use? The basic approach is to find differences in properties between enabled and disabled items, then use it in the name mapping.

2) It is difficult to suggest something without seeing the source code of your page. Probably one of the solutions to interact with your combobox could be setting the value directly into the textbox using the Keys method: Keys("value[Enter]"). This workaround allows you to avoid opening the dropdown.

4 Replies

baxatob
    Community Hero

Hi,

More information required: how did you map your object (what properties / values are used), how it looks in the Object Browser (properties / values), how do you call it (steps or code), may be you can provide a screenshot of your object.

shantlk
      Contributor

I was able to get it to pick a date from the calendar date picker. Thank you very much. Please find the screenshots attached. However now I have following two questions:

1) I need to make sure that the date picked is a date which is enabled. (only the current date and the next date is enabled) Once a date is clicked, then the next action is clicking on the 'done' button. How can I achieve this? When we do it manually it doesn't allow clicking on a disabled date. How can I select a random date which is enabled?

Currently tool just clicks on a the hard coded date.

2) I have another drop-down with a text box allowing to enter a value other than what is available in the drop down.(please refer the screenshot attached - Look behind hrs). However when I try to record, this particular drop down does not open. (normal drop-downs are opening and recording correctly). 

Appreciate if you could help me with these. Thank you !

baxatob
        Community Hero

1) How did you map your object - cell16? What properties / values did you use? The basic approach is to find differences in properties between enabled and disabled items, then use it in the name mapping.

2) It is difficult to suggest something without seeing the source code of your page. Probably one of the solutions to interact with your combobox could be setting the value directly into the textbox using the Keys method: Keys("value[Enter]"). This workaround allows you to avoid opening the dropdown.