Forum Discussion

nakshatra
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

OCR action is getting failed.

Hi,

Can I use OCR action for text box click?

Text box is having place holder(Description) and having label name as "Description".

If I record and play back it is thowing error object does not exist. So i want to try with OCR action.

• An object does not exist error doesn't necessarily have to be corrected with OCR.  

The object was mapped when recorded... but that mapping may have some dynamic factors in it.  You need to examine the object itself... AND examine the objects that are the ancestors in the mapping tree.  The Additional Info tab in the log can give more details as to what is causing the object to not be found.  OCR can help... but let's resolve the object not found stuff first and exhaust that before we go with OCR.  OCR is not NEARLY as accurate and reliable with object identification as the NameMapping engine is.

1 Reply

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

An object does not exist error doesn't necessarily have to be corrected with OCR.  

The object was mapped when recorded... but that mapping may have some dynamic factors in it.  You need to examine the object itself... AND examine the objects that are the ancestors in the mapping tree.  The Additional Info tab in the log can give more details as to what is causing the object to not be found.  OCR can help... but let's resolve the object not found stuff first and exhaust that before we go with OCR.  OCR is not NEARLY as accurate and reliable with object identification as the NameMapping engine is.