Forum Discussion

Ravik
Super Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Not able to run test script through batch file

I want to create a batch file wherein I would be able to run the whole test clicking on that batch file. I tried the following code but then it's getting stuck on the the step to recognize the script :

REM Clear the screen

Cls

@ECHO OFF

REM lounches TestComplete

REM Execute the Specified Project

REM and Close the Test Execution when Run is Over

"C:\Program Files\Automated QA\TestComplete 8\Bin\TestComplete.exe" "D:\Subhasis\Reliance_only\SNA\SNA.pjs"/r/P:SNA1/pi:ProjectTestItem1

IF ERRORLEVEL 3 GOTO CannotRun

IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO Errors

IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO Warnings

IF ERRORLEVEL 0 GOTO Success

:CannotRun

ECHO The Script can not run

GOTO END

:Errors

ECHO There are Errors

GOTO END

:Warnings

ECHO There are warnins

GOTO END

:Success

ECHO Your Test Success

GOTO END

We tried various combination to run the scripts by changing the bold part in the script through the solutions provided in your forum but nothing is working as such.

• Hi Ravi,

I can see at least 2 probkems with your command line:

1. You miss spaces between command line parameters (/r /P:SNA1 /pi:ProjectTestItem1) - pay attention to the spaces here

2. You mix project items with test items, but they are completely different items. You can't run a specific Test Item from command line, you need to specify either project name (simply remove the /pi parameter) or a certain routine (i.e. function or procedure name).

2 Replies

karkadil
    Valued Contributor
    Hi Ravi,

I can see at least 2 probkems with your command line:

1. You miss spaces between command line parameters (/r /P:SNA1 /pi:ProjectTestItem1) - pay attention to the spaces here

2. You mix project items with test items, but they are completely different items. You can't run a specific Test Item from command line, you need to specify either project name (simply remove the /pi parameter) or a certain routine (i.e. function or procedure name).
    Ravik
    Super Contributor
    Thank you very much...

It worked...

U now owe a beer to me...

Cheers!!!! (Y)