Forum Discussion

par_away
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Need to get table values but control class name is Window

I am testing a WPF application and I need to get the values in a table. Using the Object Spy, I cannot locate in any of the object properties the values in the table. Looking at the WndClass property, the value displayed is WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.5818d1_r11_ad1. This is what I suspect as the reason why I cannot get the table cell values. I already tried looking at the supported controls but I cannot see something for Window. Need help on how to proceed with this.

4 Replies

Ravik
    Super Contributor

Hi

Add Windowclass as "Composite Controls"

Go To

Tools - Current Project Properites -> Open Applications - WPF (under open application) WPF Controls window open - Click on "Add" button "Active" Check box is Checked , "Class Name" your class name

Refer snap .

it may help you.

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

What's the ClrFullClassName property of your table? Can you post a screenshot of your application showing the table, and a screenshot of the table's .NET properties in the Object Browser (switch to the Advanced view first)?

par_away
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Helen,

The ClrFullClassName is Summit.Framework.View.ManualSpreadsheetControl. Please see attached files for the screenshots. Here's what I have done so far: 

1. Added WndClass as WPF Composite Controls.

2. Added WndClass in WPF Controls Object Mapping

.Net Properties.png

.Net Properties.png

HKosova
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Parline,

Your table looks custom built, so you'll need to use its internal properties and methods to access the data. Based on your screenshots, these properties seem relevant:

DataLink
        DataRows
        DataSource
        DataSource_3
        Rows

Try looking inside these properties by clicking the [...] button. It should be possible to drill down to the data using something like DataRows.Items(rowIndex).Values(columnIndex) or similar. The developers of your application can probably tell you the exact property names to use, if you can reach out to them.

Good luck!