Forum Discussion

grrehder
New Contributor
9 years ago

Missing properties and Methods in TcxGridSite

Hi.
I'm new to TestComplete and I'm having troubles with the TcxGridSites that my software uses.

For the life of me I can't use any useful properties and methods like wRowCount or ClickCell from the QuantumGrid objects. They don't show up in Object Browser, and I tried to use them anyway, thinking they were just hidden, but I can't use them. 

The development team also compiled a debug version as instructed to no avail. 

I've already confirmed that all the necessary objecs are mapped in "Object Maping" are already checked, in fact, they were already checked, am I missing something? Is there something else I need to do?

Another trouble I'm having is that depending on the object I look at on the Object Browser, it simply gets destroyed, sometimes even crashing my software. Is there something I can do to fix this?

5 Replies

grrehder
    New Contributor

Ok, so, I've managed to find the properties and methods I wanted. They were in a Parent object of the TcxGridSite which had the TcxGrid class.

But now, I can't use them. I get that infamous error message about not being compiled right:

"An error occurred.

Possible reasons:
    1. The application stopped responding.
    2. The application was compiled incorrectly (see the Open Applications topic in the help system).
    3. An error occurred in TestComplete."

After a lot of different compilations, following or not the instructions on the TestComplete pages about Compiling Delphi XE with Debug Information, we got this error message:

"Error

The control item 0 not found.
    Total number of items: 0"

Anybody has a clue on what might be wrong?

NisHera
      Valued Contributor

1)check whether Grid.wRowCount(0) given the correct view in heare it's 0
      2) row count gives exact number of rows but item indexed from 0 so check the mismatch
      3) check whether Grid is accesible to TC at the moment of test.

if you post peace of code would be easy to reply

one other thing is if you are using firemonkey it's not supported

grrehder
        New Contributor

Thank you for replying.

At the moment, I don't have a piece of real code to show, as I can't even use the properties in the Object Browser. OB or code, trying to get any information or use any function results in "control item 0 not found". And even this one compilation that at first seems to work, after messing around with it, it gives the error message about it not being compiled right.

We have tried a lot of different combinations about compiling our application with Debug Information options on Embarcadero Delphi XE, almost to the point of exaustion, thankfully due to the limited numbers of options, but we can't get it to work.

One of the pages in the SmartBeart tutorials talks about also compiling the QuantumGrid 6 package with debug information. When we installed the package, the wizard had an option to compiling the libralies with Debug Information. I tried doing it manually, but I had a lot of missing dependencies and failed. Is the wizard option enough or is it better if I manually compile it myself?