Forum Discussion

theresa_g
Regular Visitor
4 years ago
Solved

Missing Checkpoint Object because it's no longer available by the time it searches

Hi All,

I currently have a keyword test that's updating a user, clicking a save button and then validating the success message received. The success message only lasts for 5 seconds before leaving the screen.

However, when I click the save button, TestComplete stays in playback mode for most of those 5 seconds before trying to find the object. This is causing it to never finish the validation and instead returning "Unable to find the following object when executing the Property Checkpoint command:" because the message disappears while checking the information.

I've double checked my Playback settings to make sure there isn't a delay there... any thoughts on a way to improve this?

• theresa_g , I found your support ticket (00468667) and see that it looks like upgrading TestComplete to the most recent version solved the issue. I am happy to hear that!

3 Replies

tphillips
    Frequent Contributor

Can you share your test steps before and around the property checkpoint?

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for looking into this, Thomas!

theresa_g could you share more details that tphillips is asking for?

Or, if you already solved this, please share your solution with us!

Another way to proceed is to contact the Support Team in case this requires a deeper investigation.

sonya_m
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

theresa_g , I found your support ticket (00468667) and see that it looks like upgrading TestComplete to the most recent version solved the issue. I am happy to hear that!