Forum Discussion

MarkSchofer
Frequent Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Making DDT.CurrentDriver A Bit More Efficient

I am using DDT.CurrentDriver (PYTHON) -It works fine but loses its way occasionally
Reading from a spreadsheet in Loops
I read from a the spreadsheet get an EMPID, Check amount and a check date
Now that I am later in the year I read multiple times for each individual (EMPIDS)
Instead of reading and evaluating once for each month (EMPID, DATE,AMT)

I would like to loop through with the EMPID and lookup up all nine values at once. 

My brain hurts. IN SQL I know how to accomplish this, however in Python (Or a wild manipulation of EXCEL) I would like to only do one pass of the data instead of one for each month.

• I've never seen DDT.CurrentDriver lose its way, so not sure what that could be other than maybe there is a blank cell in the way and it will stop there.

If you want one emp = one pass then put all the data for one employee on the same line

EMPID DATE1 AMT1 DATE2 AMT2 DATE3 AMT3      

etc.

3 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

I've never seen DDT.CurrentDriver lose its way, so not sure what that could be other than maybe there is a blank cell in the way and it will stop there.

If you want one emp = one pass then put all the data for one employee on the same line

EMPID DATE1 AMT1 DATE2 AMT2 DATE3 AMT3      

etc.

MarkSchofer
      Frequent Contributor

Thanks Again ......yes that what I was hinting at, doing the manipulation in Excel,  then I end up mucking with the original data.  
      I was hoping for a Python solution but .....I think you are right.   And I as typed a response an alternative that is somewhere in between is 

using a database solution (Access), SQL Server and then it is one simple select statement. 

Thanks once again for thinking outside the box.