Ask a Question

Losing recognition of Java Swing objects during test run; top-level window becomes SunAwtFrame

SOLVED
rgratis
Frequent Contributor

Losing recognition of Java Swing objects during test run; top-level window becomes SunAwtFrame

I've tried running our automated tests in TestComplete 11 for the first time, and the test run gets a few tests in and then fails all the remaining tests.

 

After watching it a few times, I've realized that TestComplete is losing the ability to recognize the Java objects (SwingObject type) in our application after opening a particularly large file in the application.

 

When the application starts, TestComplete correctly recognizes all the Swing objects.  A few tests on smaller files are completed successfully.  Then, a larger file is opened and at that point, TestComplete fails to recognize the application objects.  I've attached a screenshot.  Basically, the top-level Swing window recognition goes away and the window is only recognized as type Window("SunAwtFrame").

 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rgratis
Frequent Contributor

Re: Losing recognition of Java Swing objects during test run; top-level window becomes SunAwtFrame

Ended up opening a support case.  The solution was to increase the value of Project Properties > Open Applications > Method invoke timeout.

 

My test scripts were accessing internal application methods, and the initial setting was 3000.  When the application was working on a big file, it failed to respond within 3 seconds. This caused the Swing object recognition failures.

 

I've increased the setting to 60000 in my projects for now, and this has gotten the test suite running again.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
rgratis
Frequent Contributor

Re: Losing recognition of Java Swing objects during test run; top-level window becomes SunAwtFrame

Ended up opening a support case.  The solution was to increase the value of Project Properties > Open Applications > Method invoke timeout.

 

My test scripts were accessing internal application methods, and the initial setting was 3000.  When the application was working on a big file, it failed to respond within 3 seconds. This caused the Swing object recognition failures.

 

I've increased the setting to 60000 in my projects for now, and this has gotten the test suite running again.

View solution in original post

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: