Forum Discussion

vjvarun06
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Keyword Test - Terminating Application Under test

I am developing testcase in Keywordtest method and looking to ways to terminate the TestedApp application once the testcase execution is completed. Using Call Object method operation I was able to terminate the TestedApp after the execution is completed but I am looking for other ways to terminate the application in keyword test. In Scripting we can use "TestedApps["AAABBB"]["Terminate"]()" method.  Is there any better ways we can terminate the application in Keywordtest. Please provide suggestion

• With Terminate you means really erminate .. brutal stop with possibly leaving open handles and so on  or simply closing the apps ?

You can also send ALT-F4 to the apps or send a WM_CLOSE message (win32 api).

2 Replies

BenoitB
    Community Hero

With Terminate you means really erminate .. brutal stop with possibly leaving open handles and so on  or simply closing the apps ?

You can also send ALT-F4 to the apps or send a WM_CLOSE message (win32 api).

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Call Object Method is your best bet.  The object you will use is the object that corresponds to the Tested application.  Or, you can use Sys.Process("appName") as the object and call terminate on that.